Due to a rising number of COVID cases, the WHA is increasing its awareness and threat protection. We want to inform you that the safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. We are already seeing an increase in positive cases at the very local level. To our residents, if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, please notify management as soon as possible and self-quarantine. To reduce the spread and impact of COVID, we continue to follow guidance from local and state health officials and are taking further precautions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Enhanced infection control precautions, such as wearing personal protective equipment, increasing the availability of hand sanitizer, and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
- Providing and requiring facemasks for all staff, residents, and visitors to wear.
- Screening residents and staff for symptoms, as well as anyone else who must enter the Tower.
- Only staff, contractors, and pre-approved visitors, such as caregivers, will be permitted entry by the office. Residents must let in their own guests or visitors who are subject to safety guidelines as well.
- We are limiting group activities to small groups (less than 10) and helping residents to practice social distancing. The Tower lobby will be off-limits until further notice. The laundry room will be limited to three persons at a time. Elevators will be limited to one person at a time.
- Residents should self-quarantine when applicable, observe social distancing, wash hands or use hand sanitizer, and wear masks at all times to reduce the spread of infection. If you are sick, stay home.
Only emergency work orders will be addressed, using sub-contractors if possible. If maintenance must enter a unit, tenants must be screened beforehand including assessing temperature via no-contact.
The number for work order emergencies is 828-734-2783. Some delays should be expected.
Office operations have been hindered of late, so please try to avoid visiting the offices until further notice. Use email or call using the contact info at top. I will be monitoring email and voicemail closely and returning messages as soon as possible. Check balances and make payments by phone at 1-888-744-0026.
If you have any questions, please contact the office. Check for updates at waynesvillehousing.org