Instructions for application
The first step to applying for public housing is to follow the instructions below.
1. Print and complete the form below.
* NOTE: Please specify in the comment section whether you are applying for the Waynesville Tower (senior and/or disabled persons) or the Low-Income Housing properties located throughout Waynesville.
2. Mail it certified to the below address to our administration office:
48 Chestnut Park Drive
Waynesville, NC 28786
3. Once the application is submitted, we must assess your eligibility and determine your placement on the waiting list.
4. We will notify you if you need to come in for an interview or submit further information.
*NOTE: You may complete one pre-application only. Please ensure all information is correct before submitting. Providing incorrect information or multiple forms will only cause delays in processing your request.
The Waynesville Housing Authority cannot accept Section 8 voucher program participants since HUD also funds WHA for low-income housing.
If you have any questions, please call the WHA Administrative Office at (828) 283-8206.
Note: The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) places a high priority on preventing fraud. If your pre-application, application, or re-certification forms contain false or incomplete information, you may be:
- Evicted from your apartment or house
- Required to repay all overpaid rental assistance you received
- Fined up to $10,000
- Imprisoned for up to 5 years
- Prohibited from receiving future assistance
Your State and local governments may have other laws and penalties as well.